I found this infographic on the Linkedin Blog, yet it was an infographic hosted on Slideshare done by LinkHumans.com. hmmmm. Let’s use it anyway.
It’s ten tips to make your Linkedin Profile rock. One of them is total and complete BS, and they missed 6 others. Scroll down to see what really matters.
One of the biggest issues with an infographic is they are usually long. This slideshare version has a scrollbar along the side so while you can view the entire image, it doesn’t take up much vertical real estate. That’s a great thing if you wanted to scroll down to leave a comment, eh? (hint)
- Use a recent picture of yourself. One that looks like you. You know what I mean.
- Make sure your current place of ‘work’ is a link to your Linkedin Company Page (no matter how small your company is).
- Get a Linkedin Vanity URL (like ).
- Use all three links and use anchor text for each (for better SEO).
- Add your contact info to the top of the Summary so that EVERYONE can get a hold of you.
- Write a real Recommendation (not a one click endorsement) and you’ll get a real Recommendation back! (I promise)
“My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: Words without thoughts never to heaven go.” – William Shakespeare, Hamlet