Want to guest post on AreWeConnected.com? It’s really easy. Here’s how.
Send me an email Mike@AreWeConnected.com – that’s all. I’ll add you as a contributor. Add the content you want to your profile and it’ll show up (with links) at the bottom of your post.
Guest Post Guidelines
Here’s a few rules…
- You have to be a real person.
- Got Gravatar? This site also uses Disqus (you should have that too).
- PG-13 or less. Why? The same reason as my Twitter Follow Policy.
- Write about anything you like as long as it ties into social media somehow.
- The most important rule: Pictures are great, video is great. Are the pictures yours? They either are or you have a Creative Commons license to use them (for a commercial blog) and you give them proper attribution. No exceptions, eh?
- Include links back to your site as you see fit but try not to overly sell yourself, let others do that for you.
- Have an opinion, have a sense of humor, but don’t pick on individuals with either one.
And a few hints…
- Promote your own post on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and so on (others here will do so as well).
- Respond to every comment where they happen and as soon as possible.
- Bring your best stuff. You’ll get more traction with less frequency and better quality.
Want to leave a comment? Rock on! We gotz rules…
- Got Gravatar? (that gives your comment a picture next to it)
- Discussion is highly encouraged.
- You get to leave a link to your website when you leave a a comment. You don’t have to leave yet another within your comment (that’s spammy).
- Comments are also PG-13 here.
- It’s ok to NOT agree with the opinion of the post or the other comments. Disagree all you like but be nice and don’t attack the person.
- When you comment you also have the ability to share or tweet that. Extra bonus kudos to those that do. I hear those that do get better gas mileage and lose less kittens up trees. That’s what I’ve heard.