Blogging isn’t just writing words.
We need to capture the attention of the reader. We can do that by adding pictures and graphics.
HINT: a cute puppy, kitten, skunk, baby, or kid has tremendous attention grabbing power!
Pictures are great but sometimes the best way to get a message across is with Video. Typically if the post is a “How to” style of video it will be a ‘screen capture video’.
For the record:
I recorded this on my Mac using ScreenFlow.
Audio was captured on my Blue Yeti Mic.
A couple of zooms and edits and it was uploaded directly to YouTube.
Video doesn’t have to take you hours – this took me all of 5 minutes.
But that’s just the start!
- I wrote this blog post,
- added a few pictures,
- added a featured image,
- made a XX where I wanted to embed the video and then
- went to YouTube to grab the embed code
- embedded the video (see below)
- finished with my SEO metatags metadescription, categories and tags,
- and finally PUBLISHED the post
- But then I viewed the post on my blog
- fixed or adjusted a few things
- fixed a spelling error I hadn’t seen
- copied the Permalink (that goes to this post)
- went back over to YouTube and edited my video with the link, an expanded description, and proper tags.
Ok, now you can watch the super duper informative video…
And that’s how to properly embed a YouTube Video in your WordPress Blog Post!