The 18th in the series of…
20 Secret Blogging Tips in 20 Days
In some states this is now considered a ‘legal series’. Check out the bottom of this post to see the rest.
You are either going to LOVE this post or HATE it.
I want to nudge you into Guest Posting. Before we begin, I’m talking about both sides of the fence – you posting on other blogs, and others posting on yours. Ready?
Reasons why you should HATE Guest Posting
- I don’t have enough time to write for my own blog, how am I going to find the time to write for someone else?
- Allow others to write on my site? Won’t I be losing control? What if I don’t like what they have to say?
Reasons why you should LOVE Guest Posting
- Guest bloggers on my site provide me with valuable content and free up my time.
- In Guest Posts that I write, I can include the anchor text I want for the link back to where I want – that’s great for Google Juice!
- Having a different voice on my site is refreshing.
- My guest bloggers bring their expertise to my site.
- Guest bloggers also bring their sphere of influence with them. I’m expanding my network!
- Writing for others, my message is reaching a new audience. I’m expanding my network!
That’s a good start. What are your reasons (for either side)?
For The Record: I would love to have you write something here on AreWeConnected.com. I don’t accept everyone. Matter of fact I ignore 9 out of 10 (probably more). Why you ask? While you may be genuine, most of the Guest Post inquiries are not. They are Grey Hat SEO firms just trying to get valuable links back to their site in an attempt to rank higher in Google. Here’s one I caught.
Why not just let anyone link back to their site? When it comes to Guest Posting guidelines I defer to Matt.
Oh and did you know I have a Guest Blogger Policy?
BONUS: Since you read this far down, I would love to write a post for your site. Just ask. 🙂
Ready for a killer wordpress website? Click HERE. Read the rest of the series…
[listly id=”5A5″ layout=”full”]