But they don’t have to be. Danny Dietl knows that.
He also has a secret and I’m going to tell you exactly what that is. But first…
Danny obviously isn’t afraid of the camera. Here’s what I like about this.
- It’s entertaining.
- It has a catchy lead in and lead out branding the brokerage.
- It’s done in one take, in his natural way of speaking, even with speaking burbles (1:23).
- It’s low tech, looks like just a laptop camera yet good sound.
- It’s niche specific. This is just about Condos in the North Loop District – period.
- My biggest LIKE: He doesn’t just read of the facts and figures – he adds his own evaluation and opinions.
But wait! There’s more! He also did some very cool things with the video in YouTube.
Starting with the title of the video itself. Notice that it’s not called marketdatareport.mov it’s "North Loop Condos Minneapolis | iMetro Property". Titles have great SEO value. Have you ever noticed when you do a Google search, videos sometimes show up? He’s going to get hits from people searching Google for "North Loop Condos in Minneapolis". His title is keyword rich.
So he’s driving traffic from search engines to his video. There’s also Brand recognition happening for iMetro Property. That ok, but that doesn’t actually get him clients does it?
Well, yes and no. Someone watching the video could easily decide they like his style. He’s smart, knows the market and has a sense of humor. He’s likable. We choose to work with those we like. He gave out his phone number and theoretically someone could call him and start that conversation. Maybe.
The better bet is this: Chances are you like Danny in the video but you are just not ready to make that call. The first thing Danny put in the description (below the video) was a link.
That link doesn’t just go to his website. It goes to a detailed page on his site all about…
Yup, "North Loop Condos"!
Once there, you’ll find a short description of the area, and map based MLS Search of the area, and current listings in that area. On his IDX search you can create a login and get notified of any new listings via email. I guessing there’s a huge difference in the number of people signing up for his search who came from YouTube versus those that didn’t. (Conversion Rate)
Now, to give away all of Danny’s secrets, here’s what he just did.
First, he used a little humor to break down your wall and make him more likable. He knows like most people, you aren’t ready to pick up the phone (yet). You need a little incubation time first. He has a Page on his site that gives you most all the info they want at this point. He’s using the power of Google to drive new traffic (you) to this Page. It’s incubation and it’s lead capture. You may not have realized it but because you’ve already had a warm and fuzzy introduction, you’ll be more inclined to fill out that form than if you landed there stone cold. As simple as it sounds, that’s it. That’s his secret!
Just my opinion but there’s two things he did wrong.
1. Market Data is numbers and charts. That’s what got me here in the first place – right? The Page should also have the same Market Data you talked about in the video (numbers and charts). It doesn’t.
2. Comic Sans. Yes, I’m somewhat joking here but then again I’m not. Below the main section of the page is a footer section where the text suddenly changes to RED COMIC SANS. I’m not sure why. It seems out of place and disrupts my whole zen like experience. In case you didn’t know, the internet has an extreme dislike for Comic Sans.
Overall I really like what Danny is doing. Awesome stuff – keep it up!
He's an avid hockey fan, rides a mountain bike, sometimes rides a road bike, has a few motorcycles (he had a really fast one, bought a cool orange one, rode a really slow one, and wants a really small one). If that isn't enough, he makes cheese and sourdough bread, loves strong beer and good red wine, and poorly plays the Mandolin.