File this under Friday Fun
Turns out that May is National Burger Month.
That doesn’t exclude my veggie friends as most every place has a non meat alternative, so stop right now! 😉
Over at A Hamburger Today I found
Here are some events going on in the burger world this month:
- May 6: Philadelphia Burger Brawl, taste 23 burgers from around the city to raise money for Meredith Elementary School
- May 11: Riverwalk Burger Battle III, 24 burgers compete in Fort Lauderdale
- May 13-19: NY Burger Week, a week of special burger-related events brought to you by Burger Conquest and Thrillist
- Daily (weekday) $50 giveaways at Bill’s Bar and Burger in NYC
- Month-long shakes at Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaignfor $2 donation to
- Month-long daily burger specials at Iron Hill Brewery in PA, NJ, and DE
- Month-long daily burger specials at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT
- Weekly burger specials at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville; $1 of each specialty burger sold will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team
- New loyalty program from White Castle, Craver Nation
Which sounds great an all but I live in the San Francisco Bay Area –
But Hey, I really could get behind this! One of my favorite blogs I follow is BurgerJunkies.com and to celebrate, they’re giving away a Canon T3! How cool is that? Here’s the fixins.
- We’re Celebrating National Burger Month With a Burger a Day, All Throughout May (washingtonian.com)
- Happy Hamburger Month: The Top 15 Burger Bloggers (savings.com)
- New Yorkers: Help Us Find New York’s Worst Burger [Hamburgers] (gawker.com)
He's an avid hockey fan, rides a mountain bike, sometimes rides a road bike, has a few motorcycles (he had a really fast one, bought a cool orange one, rode a really slow one, and wants a really small one). If that isn't enough, he makes cheese and sourdough bread, loves strong beer and good red wine, and poorly plays the Mandolin.