We’re almost done! (this part might be the most important)
As you know, I hand build each and every one of the websites I am hired for. Nothing is farmed out to others.
That said, I want to build a website that fits your needs and expectations. I’ve found that the easiest way to start is to ask you a few simple questions. (yup, the 5 Ws and the H) Fill out the questions below and It will help me build the best possible website for you!
- WHO – as in, who do you want to attract to this site?
- WHAT – as in, what are you going to do with this site? Are you a blogger? Take a bunch of photos? Podcaster? Vlogger? In what format do you like to create content? Hint: It’s ok to use more than one.
- WHERE – as in domain name. Do you have a domain name? Is it short, easy to spell, easy to remember? Sometimes the answers to these other questions help you pick a domain name. Have a hosting account? You’ll need both but they don’t have to be at the same place.
- WHEN – as in, when are you going update this site? Are you a daily blogger? Never blogger? Once a week? Take some time and think about this. Do you need help creating an editorial calendar?
- WHY – as in, that exactly. Why do you want / need a site? No really, I’m asking.
- HOW – this is actually a multipart question
- How do you expect to attract new people to your site?
- How do you expect to keep them coming back?
- How will you know if your site is meeting your goals? What are those metrics / goals?
That’s it! While this may seem silly and simple to you, it starts us on the right path to building a site that actually works for you. (that’s what you want isn’t it?) If your last website builder didn’t ask you these questions – did they build the site you wanted, or the site they wanted?