It’s a great strategy, requires a bunch of work, but the rewards can be pretty fabulous. For some it’s much less about engaging around a lifestyle and more about reinforcing a Brand.
If you fall into the We need a Facebook Page for our Brand category – this post is for you!
To start, every corporation needs a Brand Page. Plain and simple. You nee a Page that is straight forward ALL about your brand. After all, you wouldn’t expect a ketchup company to be illustrating the glory of the perfect cheeseburger in a ‘lifestyle’ page (http://www.facebook.com/burgerjunkies), right?
It’s your business home on Facebook. In the hierarchy of real estate world, there’s the Corporate Brand, the Brokerage Brand, the individual Office Brand. The individual Agent and/or team might also want to reinforce their Personal Brand.
Unlike a ‘lifestyle’ or ‘community’ page, a Brand Page isn’t as easy to get people to LIKE the page. Consider this… If the above Ketchup Page was instead all about Cheeseburgers with an occasional “oh by the way, Heinz makes your burgers better” you would naturally have a lot more engagement, even from those other Catsup lovers. That’s the difference from a Brand and a Lifestyle Page.
So, how do we get business from it? Good question! Here’s four MUST Have’s for Brand Page success.
- NOT all on topic posts Yes, it’s a Brand Page but that doesn’t mean everything has to be about your Brand. People love it when a Brand has a sense of humor. They love it when a brand interacts with them. Have a little fun, mix it up, be creative.
- The Info Tab Your Info tab can explain what it is and what you do. It can contain your contact info and links back to your website. It can also direct people to other valuable points within your website.
- Customer Service Listen and respond. Facebook and Twitter are great places for customer service. Your Brand Page is where people are going to go. That means you need to allow people to post, to comment, to upload pictures and maybe even video. A good customer service team can do wonders for your brand in the public eye. Don’t just sit back and wait for the need to address issues, be proactive. Find the opportunities. Listen for the right chance to step in and help. Staying within the ketchup theme, look at all the right now. What could you do with your Brand?
- The Landing Tab This is the 1st thing new visitors will be shown when they visit your page. For a Brand this is critical. You MUST have a Landing Tab and it MUST be engaging. As tempting as it might seem, don’t fangate it. That doesn’t work anymore. Do give your fans value. As an example, the Heinz Page above offered fans the chance to get the first limited edition bottle of Balsamic Ketchup! It can also have calls to action back to your website, contact information or pretty much anything else you might want. Not only is the Landing Tab the first thing they see but it can also serve as a valuable resource for the repeat visitor as well.
* Disclosure – I build the custom apps that create custom landing tabs. I build them for lifestyle Pages as well as for Brand Pages. Free samples here:https://areweconnected.com/facebook/
REMEMBER: Sign up for the newsletter and have every post delivered to your inbox as they happen. You can see all the posts in this series here: https://areweconnected.com/tag/facebook-strategies/ (this is the 2nd)
Weird Coincidence. A post hit my feedreader yesterday discussing running an ad that led to a fangated signup form on their Page. That meant the person clicked the add, then had to click the LIKE, then fill out the form and finally click submit. For some reason they weren’t getting the LIKEs or the form entries they were after. Go figure! How many hoops do you want your clients to jump through again?
- Balsamic Ketchup is a Fancier Dip For Your Chicken Nuggets (inquisitr.com)