To say I’ve been looking forward to Google Pages would be an understatement!
Here’s my 1st Page: https://plus.google.com/104579904029888130591/about (check it out)
While it’s a slow rollout, if you want to create a G+ Page you’ll start here: https://plus.google.com/pages/create
If you see this message, you’ll just have to wait a little longer.
If you are seeing that message – take a deep breath and check back later.
If you don’t see that message – LUCKY YOU! From there you’ll have to choose the Category of your Page. That should be relatively simple for most. You’ll have 5 different categories to choose from. I imagine most small business owners will be local place or business.
Local pages include a map of the business’s location and feature its address, phone number, and hours of operation.
For right now pages look a lot like Profiles but they do have their differences…
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned. Learn more.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- Pages have the +1 button.
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web.
- Pages can’t play games.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’.
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar.
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.
Have you created a Page for your business yet?