It’s actually part of the new Google URL shortener but it also creates a QR code for you as well!
You can find the new URL shortener by going here: http://goo.gl/
The result will be your very own shortened URL with it’s own QR code off to the right!
Right click, save to your hard drive and then use anywhere you want. When a user takes a picture of your QR they’ll go to that site. Imagine the possibilities. For instance – I created this for my friend Jeremy in about 10 seconds.
But did you see the Tracking? It comes with FREE tracking! So I tried it by tweeting a single tweet
How cool is that? More Cool? The stats are public and live http://goo.gl/info/kvXw#week
Want something Uber Cooler? – go to your browser and at the end of any shortened google link just add .qr – see what happens!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Create QR Codes With Goo.gl (techie-buzz.com)
- Goo.gl Shortens URLs… And Adds QR Codes (ryanspoon.com)
- Googles’ Link Shortening Service, Goo.gl, Now Open to the Public (searchenginejournal.com)
Latest posts by Mike Mueller (see all)
- Mobile Responsive just got a little more important - May 14, 2016
- Why I went “Secure” - May 10, 2016
- How To Secure WordPress (and recover from a hack) - April 26, 2016